Tag Archives: ylmap 最新地址

Car bomb explodes outside Montenegrin crime reporter’s home

by ,

first_img MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists Violence News March 30, 2021 Find out more News RSF_en April 4, 2018 Car bomb explodes outside Montenegrin crime reporter’s home Follow the news on Montenegro Sead Sadikovic / Vijesti June 7, 2021 Find out more Montenegro : RSF and other leading press freedom organisations condemn the continued judicial persecution of Jovo Martinović November 11, 2020 Find out more Newscenter_img to go further The bomb exploded late on the night of 1 April outside the home of Sead Sadikovic, who specializes in covering corruption and organized crime for the independent TV channel TV Vijesti. The police said yesterday that the bomb was “probably linked” to his reporting. An investigation is under way and two arrests have been made.“We call on Montenegro’s authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into this bombing, whose target was almost certainly a journalist, to identify those behind it, and to provide adequate protection to the journalist, who had been threatened,” said Pauline Adès-Mével, the head of RSF’s European Union and Balkans desk.“Although Prime Minister Dusko Markovic insists that security is guaranteed in his country, this attack – the seventh of its kind since the start of the year – is a clear indication of the climate that now prevails for journalists trying to cover such subjects as corruption and organized crime.”Montenegro is ranked 106th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2017 World Press Freedom Index. Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says Receive email alerts Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls on the Montenegrin authorities to conduct athorough investigation into last weekend’s car bomb explosion outside a crime reporter’shome in Bijelo Polje, in northeastern Montenegro, and to quickly bring those responsible tojustice. Organisation Forum on Information and Democracy 250 recommendations on how to stop “infodemics” News Help by sharing this information MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists Violence last_img read more

Do New PSPA Limits Undermine Efforts to Combat Discrimination?

by ,

first_img Christina Hughes Babb is a reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Southern Methodist University, she has been a reporter, editor, and publisher in the Dallas area for more than 15 years. During her 10 years at Advocate Media and Dallas Magazine, she published thousands of articles covering local politics, real estate, development, crime, the arts, entertainment, and human interest, among other topics. She has won two national Mayborn School of Journalism Ten Spurs awards for nonfiction, and has penned pieces for Texas Monthly, Salon.com, Dallas Observer, Edible, and the Dallas Morning News, among others. Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Share Save The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Do New PSPA Limits Undermine Efforts to Combat Discrimination? Sign up for DS News Daily Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Previous: FHFA Extensions Will Align COVID-19 Mortgage Relief Policies Next: Market Still at Risk of Future ‘Zombie’ Property Wave Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Researchers believe a lingering Trump-era change to an agreement between the FHFA and the U.S. Treasury Department could undermine efforts by the new administration and newly nominated housing officials to combat discrimination and racism.Urban Institute Associates Edward Golding, Laurie Goodman, Jung Hyun Choi, and John Walsh conducted a housing and housing finance research study to determine the impact of the preferred stock purchase agreements (PSPAs)—the contracts that govern Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s relationship with the Treasury—on credit availability.They found that an amendment announced January 14 by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) director Mark Calabria would restrict the volume of “high risk” loans they can purchase as well as the volume of second homes and investor properties.The authors explain in this published paper why these moves are an ineffective means of managing risk that will come at a considerable cost. They add that said changes should be edited or abandoned.”These changes will likely prove binding once the current refinance wave ends and, they will further limit access to mortgage credit and disproportionately affect Black and Hispanic borrowers, as well as [compromise] the goals of the Biden administration to advance racial equity,” wrote the study’s authors.The study outlines the ways in which, even before the changes, the pandemic had slowed GSE backing of what is considered high-risk loans, and why and how that impacts borrowers from minority groups.They also go on to establish reasons why they believe the rules are redundant.FHFA already is accomplishing the same risk-management goal through its capital rule (by charging for high-risk loans through a higher capital requirement) than is done in the PSPA.”Moreover, the automated underwriting systems also measure these characteristics so that any loanthat makes it through these screens likely has other compensating factors, such as a stable borrower income. Less than 0.2% of the high-risk loans in 2020 violated all three of the triggers, indicating that weakness on two triggers was compensated for by strength on the third.”The paper, which can be accessed in full at urban.org, concludes that the PSPA adjustments made last January undermine policymakers’ ability to support the mortgage market on several fronts.”These limits both disproportionately affect borrowers of color and unnecessarily constrict policy choices going forward,” they write. “We thus urge the new administration to revise the limits to better meet their policy objectives or abandon them for the sake of more dynamic, flexible tools in rulemaking or directives.” About Author: Christina Hughes Babb  Print This Post in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News Related Articles The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / Do New PSPA Limits Undermine Efforts to Combat Discrimination? 2021-02-25 Christina Hughes Babb Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago February 25, 2021 1,043 Views Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Subscribelast_img read more

Carlo Ancelotti confident over Chelsea future as his side face another test today

by ,

first_imgChelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has denied that his job is dependent on the outcome of the Champions League quarter-final with Manchester United.The Blues are trailing 1-0 going into Tuesday’s second leg at Old Trafford.Ancelotti hinted he has received assurances from owner Roman Abramovich that his contract, which runs until 2012, will be honoured.“My future is already decided,” he said. “It is not important that I speak with Roman. I have a contract.”With Chelsea 11 points behind leaders United in the Premier League, a Champions League exit would effectively end their hopes of silverware this season.But Ancelotti, who won the Double in his debut season with the Blues last year, insisted any pressure on him and his players could be used to positively. “I have said many times pressure is not a bad thing,” he said. “It means staying focused, concentrated, giving players a chance to do their best.“To be involved in this game is fantastic for my job, for my career. So I’m not afraid. I’m not worried about this.“I’m happy to have a possibility to be involved in this game, to use my ability and my skill to give the players the skills to play at their best.”Ancelotti was also keen to play down the pressure on striker Fernando Torres, who is yet to score since his British record £50m transfer from Liverpool at the end of January.“Yes he is searching to score a goal but he doesn’t have pressure from us because our aim is that he can play for the squad and his team-mates,” stated Ancelotti. “I never ask my strikers to score a goal. “I’m not interested in a goal for Fernando. I’m interested in Chelsea winning this game. If he scores it’s good for him and for Chelsea, but it’s just important to win here.”Ancelotti suggested Torres could benefit from the return to fitness of his former Liverpool team-mate Yossi Benayoun.During three seasons together with the Reds, the Israeli provided the assist for 10 Torres goals in the Premier League and Champions League.The understanding between the pair was also in evidence against Wigan on Saturday when Benayoun set up Torres for a clear chance, but his shot was saved by keeper Ali Al Habsi.“Yossi knows Fernando very well,” said Ancelotti. “He knows his movement and for this reason I think it can help Fernando.” United striker Wayne Rooney has been in fine form of late, scoring four goals in his last two games, including the decisive strike against Chelsea in the first leg at Stamford Bridge.The 25-year-old is likely to start at Old Trafford, having missed his side’s 2-0 win over Fulham on Saturday because of suspension for swearing at a television camera.However, Ancelotti says he has no special plans to try and nulify the impact of the England forward.“I think that, obviously, Rooney is the most dangerous player in the squad,” said Ancelotti.“We have to pay attention to his position and his performance. We have to do better than we did in the last game. “But we don’t change our shape, our mentality, our philosophy to control Rooney.“We want to play our football at the best level we can.”Asked about United manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s suggestion that Chelsea are “obsessed” with winning the Champions League, Ancelotti said reaching the final was a “dream” that remained a long way off.A 1-0 victory by Chelsea at Old Trafford after extra-time would send the match to a penalty shoot-out, a scenario that would echo the 2008 Champions League final, United beat the Londoners on spot kicks.Pressed on that eventuality, Ancelotti joked that he would take the first spot kick, before admitting that he had not decided who his penalty takers would be. Source: BBClast_img read more