Comments are closed. Employers are taking up the challenge to tackle workplace ageism in response to the Government’s deadline for them to get their act together in a year.The CBI has hard evidence of how employers are tackling the problem and responding to the voluntary code of practice. Last week equal opportunities minister Margaret Hodge told Personnel Today that the DfEE will wait until October 2001 to decide whether legislation is needed.The employers’ body sent letters to the chief executives of its 1,000 largest member companies at the end of May asking them to champion age diversity.Dominic Johnson, head of employee relations, said around 100 companies have written giving examples of what they are doing, with more letters arriving daily. “Something mentioned by nearly everyone is that they are not putting age limits in job adverts and are training interviewers to recruit solely on competency,” he said.Many have removed age from job application forms. Others discourage early retirement and are monitoring the age profile of staff. One major retailer is targeting older candidates through a recruitment campaign. Previous Article Next Article Employers prove they are taking action on ageismOn 25 Jul 2000 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos.
The Batesville Bulldogs Varsity Golf team battled The Shelbyville Golden Bears in Varsity Golf action. Shelbyville won 171-187.Batesville vs. Shelbyville Boys Golf (4-30)Tyler Kirk-Shelbyville was the medalist with a 40.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Ben Siefert.
The Drom’n’Inch man was selected to play against Waterford but a hamstring injury meant he couldn’t start the match as planned.Tipp head into the match at Pearse Stadium on Sunday knowing that a win is probably required in order to maintain the Premier County’s hopes of making the last eight of the competition.Manager Michael Ryan says Seamus’s chances of playing against the Tribesmen should be clearer tomorrow and that Jason Forde isn’t fit enough to make the trip west this weekend. Throw-in on Sunday is at 2 o’clock. Tipp FM’s live coverage begins shortly beforehand and will be brought to you in association with Allianz Medical, South Tipperary General Hospital, Clonmel.
By The Nelson Daily SportsThursday, on Senior’s Night at the Hangar, the seniors game out to play.Graduating point guard Sarah Fuhr dropped in 25 points to lead the L.V. Rogers Bombers to a narrow 61-58 victory over Grand Forks Wolves in Kootenay High School AA Girl’s League action.In the later tilt, senior power forward Clay Rickaby checked in with 22 points to spark the Bombers to a 78-56 win over the Wolves in Kootenay High School AA Boy’s League play.“Wow, was that ever close,” said Bomber coach Bruce Fuhr, watching his squad rally from a 27-22 half time deficit to edge the Wolves.“Our pressure really turned this game around for us. And it didn’t matter how tired the girls got, they still wanted to press.”The difference came in the third quarter. Trailing by five at recess, LVR out scored the Wolves 23-13 in the third period to grab a 45-39 lead. At one point the Bombers went on a 13-0 run.However, the Bombers came close to running out of gas down the stretch. After star center Rachael Moulson fouled out, Grand Forks took advantage of its size advantage in the paint to pound the ball inside. Keyed by the strong inside play of Amanda Thate and Maya Wold, Grand Forks cut the margin to 59-58. But Kyndle Doolan connected on a long field goal to ice the game for LVR.Doolan finished the game with 14 points while Moulson added 13, while playing outstanding defence on Thate.For the Wolves Thate had 26 while Wold added 13.Prior to the start of the boy’s game, seniors Sarah Fuhr, Rachael Moulson, Emily Klapstein, Kyndle Doolan and pretend senior Kiandra McLaren were honoured during a brief ceremony.Rickaby, D’Andrea help Bombers tame Wolves.Clay Rickaby scored 22 points to spark the Bombers to past Grand Forks Kootenay High School AA Boy’s League play.Rickaby, playing his final home game in the Hangar, was the recipient of many inside feeds from longtime teammate Jason D’Andrea. The Bombers, using a balanced scoring attack, increased its lead after every quarter en route to the win.D’Andrea scored 15 points while Grade 11 center Adam Grace had 12 points, all in the second half.John Zak had a strong game shooting, finishing with 22.Replying for the Wolves were Mitchell 19 points.Seniors Jason D’Andrea, Clay Rickaby, Maverick Seed and David Chen were honoured at prior to the game. [email protected]
“The thing that some people don’t understand about graffiti is property values plummet when people see this,” Bistline said. “It’s a (crime) that we take very seriously up here.” [email protected] (661) 267-7802160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “In terms of dollar amount, they were the most prolific (graffiti crew,)” sheriff’s Sgt. Kyle Bistline said. The raid produced evidence that suggests the crew may have evolved into a criminal street gang, Bistline said. Bistline said Mendoza is a member of a Los Angeles gang and was found to be in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia and a sawed-off shotgun. Calderon, a student at Mission College in Sylmar, was found at a Sunland home where authorities said they also seized marijuana and a .22-caliber firearm. The investigation was launched by detective Bob Schneider of the Santa Clarita station and detective Greg Bruner of the Palmdale station. PALMDALE – A joint investigation by Palmdale and Santa Clarita sheriff’s detectives resulted in the arrests this week of three suspected taggers wanted for $400,000 in graffiti vandalism from the Antelope Valley to Ventura, authorities said. The six-week investigation was launched when a detective noticed a rash of graffiti near Castaic Junction that was linked to taggers from the Antelope Valley. In an early morning raid Thursday, sheriff’s deputies arrested Joseph Mendoza, 27; Carlos Chave, 26; and Joshua Calderon, 23, all of Palmdale, on suspicion of felony vandalism. Another suspect, whose name was not released, was contacted by phone and agreed to surrender, authorities said. The four are suspected of causing at least $400,000 damage in the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, Mojave and Ventura. Deputies said targets included the historic Freedom Train in Mojave, which served as a traveling museum in the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976.
XOLO Era 1X was launched in September 2016. The 4G VoLTE smartphone is now available at a new attractive price of Rs 4,999. The device is available at across all online channels in the country. “The phone has proven to be phenomenally successful for XOLO ever since its launch and continues to be one of the top selling phones in the 4-6k category,” notes XOLO.In terms of the specifications, the XOLO Era 1X comes packed with a 5-inch IPS display with 1280X720 pixels resolution and 294ppi. XOLO Era 1X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by 1.3GHz Spreadtrum SC9832A quad-core processor paired with 1GB of RAM. “XOLO Era 1X ensures a lag-free, smooth and powerful performance,” says the company in a press report.Also Read: Xolo Era 2X budget 4G phone with fingerprint scanner launched at Rs 6,666On the camera front, the XOLO Era 1X comes with an 8-megapixel camera on the rear, which will come with several other additional features like — autofocus, LED flash, 4P Largan lens and 1080p video recording. While on the front, the XOLO Era 1X will sport a 5-megapixel selfie camera which will come with dual-LED flash and f/2.2 aperture. The Smart Camera packs multiple features like Live Photos, Beauty Mode, Burst Mode, Time-lapse and Slow-Motion.On the storage front, the smartphone comes packed with an 8GB internal storage memory. Further, the storage space can be expandable up to 32GB via microSD card.The smartphone also comes with a removable 2,500mAh battery and is expected to deliver up to 13 hours of talk time and is also said to last up to 185 hours on standby mode. On the connectivity options, XOLO Era 1X comes with several options like — dual-SIM card slots, 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.advertisement
Companies in this story: (TSX:HSE, TSX:MEG)The Canadian Press CALGARY — Husky Energy Inc. says it plans to spend approximately $3.4 billion on its capital expenditure program next year.The energy company says the total is about $300 million less than it forecast earlier this year and includes spending cuts resulting from Alberta’s mandated oil production cuts and lower global oil prices.The Alberta government has ordered production cuts in the oilpatch next year in a bid to boost oil prices.Husky says spending is being cut in areas where it has the most capital flexibility, including heavy oil and Western Canada resource plays.Average annual 2019 production is expected to be approximately 300,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, not including any production associated with its proposed acquisition of MEG Energy Corp.Husky has made a hostile takeover offer for MEG Energy.
NICOSIA, Cyprus — The chief of the Cyprus Association of Banks say Cypriot lenders are concerned that their adoption of some of the toughest anti-money laundering regulations in the world has not been fully recognized abroad.Association Director Michalis Kammas told The Associated Press Monday that banks are challenging “outdated perceptions” and are working to raise awareness about reform efforts.Kammas says more rigorous supervision and directives have led to the closure of a “significant number” of bank accounts since 2014.Prior to a 2013 banking sector crisis that brought Cyprus to the brink of bankruptcy, the east Mediterranean island nation, which is a member of the European Union, was hounded by allegations that it was a tax and money laundering haven.The Associated Press
New Delhi: The Trinamool Congress Sunday wrote to the Election Commission complaining that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the media at Kedarnath shrine was “unethical” and that the coverage of his visit was in “gross violation” of the Model Code of Conduct. The prime minister also announced that the master plan of Kedarnath Temple is ready and also addressed the public and media at Kedarnath. It is absolutely “unethical and morally incorrect,” party spokesperson Derek O’Brien said in the letter. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework “Even though the Election campaign for the last phase of polling for 2019 Lok Sabha is over on May 17 at 6 pm, surprisingly Narendra Modi’s Kedarnath Yatra is being covered and widely televised for the last two days in all national as well as local media. This is a gross violation of the Model Code of Conduct,” he said. The prime minister offered prayers at the Himalayan shrine on Sunday morning. Speaking to reporters at the shrine, Modi thanked the Election Commission for granting him permission to visit the shrine at a time when the Model Code of Conduct is in force. Also Read – Trio win Nobel Medicine Prize for work on cells, oxygen “Every minute detail of his activities during the visit is being widely publicised with an ulterior motive to influence voters directly and/or indirectly,” the TMC leader charged and added that “Modi Modi” chants are also being heard from the background. He said all these moves were well calculated with the “ill intention to influence voters” on polling day. It is unfortunate that the poll body has not taken any action against the PM, he added. “Election Commission, the highest body and the eyes and ears of the democratic process, remains blind and deaf to the gross violation of the MCC.l would request you to take immediate action and stop telecast of such surreptitious and unfair campaign which is also morally wrong,” he charged.
Max Meyer’s Schalke career appears to be finished after he was banned from attending training sessions with the first-team for the rest of the seasonThe German midfielder previously announced that he will be leaving the Bundesliga side at the end of the season as a free agent and had publicly criticised Schalke sporting director Christian Heidel for the way he handled the contract negotiations with him.“I simply did not want to stay with Schalke and work under Heidel. It’s all about this. Lately, it just feels like bullying to me.” said Meyer, according to Sky Sports.Following that interview with the German publication Bild, Schalke has since banned Meyer from attending any further first-team training sessions.“We can’t tolerate such statements and such behaviour,” said Heidel.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“We are upset more by his accusations of bullying, which we strongly deny, than his untrue allegations. Schalke 04 have always behaved correctly to Max Meyer.”The 22-year-old has featured regularly for Schalke this season and has largely played the role of a holding midfielder this season.After leaving a training session on Wednesday with a foot injury, Meyer has since not appeared at the club and refused an MRI examination.“My impression for a long time was that Max felt at home here. That’s what he expressed to the coaching staff,” explained Schalke head coach Domenico Tedesco.“I’m disappointed at his personal attacks and can’t fully understand them as they simply don’t add up.”