Tag Archives: 嘉兴浅水湾水会有特殊

Car bomb explodes outside Montenegrin crime reporter’s home

by ,

first_img MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists Violence News March 30, 2021 Find out more News RSF_en April 4, 2018 Car bomb explodes outside Montenegrin crime reporter’s home Follow the news on Montenegro Sead Sadikovic / Vijesti June 7, 2021 Find out more Montenegro : RSF and other leading press freedom organisations condemn the continued judicial persecution of Jovo Martinović November 11, 2020 Find out more Newscenter_img to go further The bomb exploded late on the night of 1 April outside the home of Sead Sadikovic, who specializes in covering corruption and organized crime for the independent TV channel TV Vijesti. The police said yesterday that the bomb was “probably linked” to his reporting. An investigation is under way and two arrests have been made.“We call on Montenegro’s authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into this bombing, whose target was almost certainly a journalist, to identify those behind it, and to provide adequate protection to the journalist, who had been threatened,” said Pauline Adès-Mével, the head of RSF’s European Union and Balkans desk.“Although Prime Minister Dusko Markovic insists that security is guaranteed in his country, this attack – the seventh of its kind since the start of the year – is a clear indication of the climate that now prevails for journalists trying to cover such subjects as corruption and organized crime.”Montenegro is ranked 106th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2017 World Press Freedom Index. Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says Receive email alerts Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls on the Montenegrin authorities to conduct athorough investigation into last weekend’s car bomb explosion outside a crime reporter’shome in Bijelo Polje, in northeastern Montenegro, and to quickly bring those responsible tojustice. Organisation Forum on Information and Democracy 250 recommendations on how to stop “infodemics” News Help by sharing this information MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalists Violence last_img read more

Limerick man dies in overnight crash

by ,

first_img Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up A 25-year-old Limerick man has died following a single car accident overnight.The single-car crash, where the male died following a collision with a pole, happened at Ballyphillip in Banogue.The crash happened shortly before midnight and the man’s remains were taken to the University Hospital Limerick after he was pronounced dead. A post mortem will take place later today.The road is currently closed while a forensic examination is carried out.Local diversions are in place for a period today.Newcastle West Garda Station is conducting the investigation and are appealing for witnesses. Print Previous article29th Milford Hospice Harvest Fair to draw thousandsNext articleFilm Limerick’s €15,000 bursary Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie NewsBreaking newsLimerick man dies in overnight crashBy Staff Reporter – August 18, 2014 657 Email WhatsAppcenter_img Linkedin Facebook Twitter Advertisementlast_img read more