View post tag: off Type 23 Frigate Conducts NATO Embargo Operations Off Libya View post tag: Navy View post tag: Type 23 View post tag: Libya View post tag: Embargo View post tag: Frigate Share this article The Type 23 has been called away from the Response Force Task Group to become the primary surface combatant in support of the NATO Operation Unified Protector.Sutherland has already carried out her first boarding operation, under the auspices of UN Security Council Resolutions 1970 and 1973, and sent her highly-capable team of Royal Marines and Royal Navy sailors to search a merchant vessel in international waters close to Libya.Royal Marine Lt Viggars, the Officer Commanding Sutherland’s Royal Marines Boarding Team, said:“In a highly-demanding sea state, my lads swiftly – but safely – boarded the suspect vessel and conducted a thorough search.”“Once we had satisfied ourselves that they were not in breach of the embargo, my Marines and Royal Navy teams disembarked as professionally as they arrived.”“The vessel was cleared to proceed along her original course and we returned to Sutherland.”The ship is tasked to support the current arms embargo, blocking the flow of weapons and munitions into the hands of pro-Gaddafi forces, and by this process protecting the lives of Libyan civilians.Cdr Roger Readwin, Commanding Officer of HMS Sutherland, explained how the Naval boarding teams were supporting the UN embargoes:“HMS Sutherland is able to quickly insert multiple specialist teams by high-speed boat whilst simultaneously providing close surveillance of the vessel and her crew using our state-of-the-art sensors and highly-capable Lynx helicopter.”NATO units enforcing the embargo initially assess suspicious vessels electronically using the Automated Identification System, which gathers detailed information before the vessel has been boarded.This is enhanced by ‘hailing’ the ship over the radio allowing information about the vessel and its cargo to be further scrutinised and irregularities investigated.“We work very closely with the Royal Marines boarding teams in order to secure a ship, allowing us to search it safely and thoroughly,” said Petty Officer Jones, one of the Royal Navy team commanders.“Although, like always, there is a fair bit of banter between the Royal Navy and Royal Marines boarding teams, we always work professionally together and combined, give Sutherland a formidable asset ready to go at a moment’s notice.”Always ready for operational tasking, HMS Sutherland left the UK in April 2011 as part of the Response Force Task Group that includes HMS Albion and HMS Ocean.Since then she has supported operations and exercises off of Libya, the Mediterranean, Red Sea and the Arabian Gulf including exercises with the United Arab Emirates as part of exercise Sea Khanjar.Cdr Readwin concluded: “This has been a highly-demanding deployment but, as always, my ship’s company have proven their resilience and upheld the best traditions of the Navy.“However, key to the success of Sutherland on operations is the dedicated and continuous support from our ever-loyal network of families and friends and they have my heart-felt thanks.”[mappress]Source: royalnavy, July 27, 2011; View post tag: conducts Back to overview,Home naval-today Type 23 Frigate Conducts NATO Embargo Operations Off Libya View post tag: News by topic July 27, 2011 View post tag: Operations View post tag: NATO View post tag: Naval
continue reading » Advancements in technology and changes in consumer expectations have prompted many a retailer, including more than a few credit unions, to redouble their efforts toward improving the customer experience.At conferences, during roundtables, and in strategic planning sessions with credit unions across the country, leaders at Callahan & Associates have noted several recurring themes that the firm has identified as opportunities for 2019. One of those themes: How can credit unions reduce friction in their member experience?Why Does Friction Matter?Members compare their credit union experience to all the unrelated, best-in-class service providers they interact with on a regular basis. When a member expects an Amazon-like experience, even the slightest perception of friction with the credit union can have a dramatic impact on the relationship. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
continue reading » 10SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr With the world becoming one enormous marketplace, we have seen a constant change in how businesses take place. This has been further fueled by new technologies and rapidly evolving customer expectations. Even the highly regulated banking and finance sector has in recent times witnessed the constant metamorphosis of its business models to stay ahead in disruptive times.When it comes to the financial services ecosystem, the fintech industry plays a significant role in determining how the sector moves forward. Fintech disruptors are changing how everything works – lending, payments, insurance, credit settlements, and more. In response, banks and traditional financial institutions are either partnering with fintech companies or developing and deploying their own solutions. Backing that up, a PwC report titled Financial services technology 2020 and beyond: Embracing disruption states that global investments in fintech have more than tripled since 2014 to cross $12 billion. With fintech solutions playing a significant role in the financial services value chain, let’s see what’s in store for 2019:Intelligent banking channelsFinancial service providers are tailoring each channel to adapt intelligently to deliver the next level of personalisation for users performing banking activities. By studying customer patterns and behaviours, banks can personalise the interface to suit specific usage preferences. This will translate into a unique usage journey for every end user; early adopter banks stand to gain a competitive edge because of the level of personalisation and end-user satisfaction offered.
In addition, the KPK is reinforcing a number of protocols, including rearranging elevator capacity and spraying disinfectant periodically in its Merah Putih building and at the Anticorruption Learning Center (ACLC) in South Jakarta.The antigraft body is also providing a hotline for emergency information services, requiring all employees to wear a mask both in the office and outside as well as rearranging seats and prohibiting collective use of personal equipment.Since May, as many as seven KPK employees have tested positive for COVID-19, five of whom have recovered, Ali said.One infected employee was still in self-isolation, while the other one was being treated at a hospital and in a stable condition while awaiting a follow-up test result, he added.The KPK has also tracked down close contacts of the seven employees to minimize the potential for transmission.Topics : The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is having polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests conducted on all employees after seven people within the body got infected with the coronavirus.”We will immediately conduct swab tests on all employees in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the KPK,” the commission’s acting spokesperson Ali Fikri said in a statement on Wednesday.Ali said the tests would be held in two phases, with the first phase taking place on Wednesday and Thursday this week and the second phase from Monday to Thursday next week.
This month a Taiwan bird conservation body said it had been expelled from a partnership with a British-based wildlife charity after they demanded the Taiwan group change their name and sign documents stating they did not support Taiwan’s independence.Late on Saturday, the government of the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung said the website of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy had begun listing Taiwan member cities like itself as part of China.On Sunday, Taiwan’s government reacted with anger.”Taiwan is Taiwan. China is China. Taiwan is not a city of China’s. If there is incorrect usage we think this is extremely improper,” Premier Su Tseng-chang told reporters. The dispute over international organizations referring to Taiwan as Chinese has moved from wild bird conservation to climate change, after a global alliance of mayors began listing Taiwanese cities as belonging to China on its website.China has ramped up pressure on international groups and companies, no matter how small or obscure, to refer to democratic Taiwan as being part of China, to the anger of Taiwan’s government and many of its people.Beijing views the island as merely a wayward Chinese province. Read also: Taiwan to change passport, fed up with confusion with China”China hopes to make Taiwan part of it in the world, a city of its. This is not in line with the facts.”Taiwan’s Foreign Ministry said it had asked the group to make a correction, while Kaohsiung Mayor Chen Chi-mai said his city was known globally as being in southern Taiwan, rather than as part of China.The Global Covenant’s secretariat said in a short email to Reuters that they “may not be able to respond until business hours resume Monday”.The Global Covenant says its mission is to “galvanize climate and energy action across cities worldwide”, representing a population of over 800 million. The only Chinese city it lists as a member is Hong Kong.China’s Foreign Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment.Topics :
Loading… UEFA have today confirmed plans to finish this season’s Champions League with a mini-tournament in Lisbon over 12 days in August. The 2019-20 Champions League will be completed via a mini-tournament in Lisbon in August Europe’s premier club competition will complete its 2019-20 edition with a final-eight World Cup-style tournament, held in the Portuguese capital, from August 12 to August 23. After the four outstanding last-16 ties are completed – and whether they will be completed at the scheduled home stadiums or neutral venues in Portugal is still to be decided – the quarter-finals onwards will be held on neutral territory, with no fans present and, most notably, over just one-leg. Atletico Madrid are one of the quarter-finalists after they beat holders Liverpool in the last-16 If the last-16 second-legs, scheduled for 7-8 August, cannot be completed at the scheduled home stadiums, Porto and Guimaraes will be added as potential venues for the matches, alongside Lisbon. As things stand, teams will not have to quarantine either, with each club likely to set up in their own hotel away from the public so that social distancing measures can be maintained. PSG are also in the World Cup style-tournament, where rounds will be decided via one-leg Meanwhile, the quarter-finals onwards in the Europa League will similarly be played over one-leg in four German cities: Cologne, Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen between the 10-21 August, with the final in Cologne on August 21. As with the Champions League, the venues for the remaining last-16 games will be decided in due course – but will be held over the 5-6 August. It was also announced in Wednesday’s press conference that the group-stage for the 2021-22 Champions League will start on October 20. The teams already qualified for this season’s quarter-finals are France’s PSG, Italy’s Atalanta, Spain’s Atletico Madrid and Germany’s RB Leipzig. Bayern Munich will face Chelsea at the Allianz Arena in the second leg of their last-16 tie Manchester City hold a 2-1 lead over Real Madrid after winning the first leg of their last-16 tie The remaining last-16 second-leg fixtures are Manchester City’s home tie against Real Madrid, Chelsea’s trip to Bayern Munich, Juventus’s home game against Lyon and Napoli’s visit to Barcelona. Portugal was picked because of its location and the fact it has no teams left in the competition. Lisbon emerged as an attractive host city because it has two stadiums with the facilities needed for elite matches – Benfica’s Estadio da Luz and Sporting Lisbon’s Estadio Jose Alvalade. In addition, most of the country’s coronavirus restrictions are also being lifted this month, with air travel in and out of the country allowed from June 22. Sporting Lisbon’s Estadio Jose Alvalade will also host matches for August’s mini-tournament Visitors will not need to go into quarantine on arrival, although additional health and safety measures will be in place in a bid to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Organisers are proceeding on the basis that all matches will be played behind closed doors, with only essential personnel allowed on site. However, UEFA are understood to have left the door open for possible changes should public health conditions in Portugal allow. If government guidelines are altered in time for ticketing to be organised, there is an outside chance that some fans could be allowed in to watch. Manchester United are set to play in the Europa League mini-tournament held in Germany Read Also: Ronaldo pays tribute to son on his 10th birthday The capacity of both grounds would be greatly reduced in order to comply with social distancing rules and other safety protocols. UEFA are braced for a loss in income from broadcasters, who will expect sizeable refunds because they will have six fewer games to show as a result of the new format. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 UEFA have earmarked August as the month to complete both competitions in order to give Europe’s top domestic leagues enough time to finish their respective seasons. In the Champions League, the ‘final eight’ tournament will be held over 12 days in Lisbon, with the first match taking place on August 12 and the final being played on August 23. Instead of playing the quarter-finals over two legs as normal, the new plan will see the ties become single games across four straight days. The semi-finals, which will also be played over one leg, will take place on August 18 and 19, with the final at the Estadio da Luz four days later. Benfica’s home stadium, the Estadio da Luz, will host the 2020 Champions League final Istanbul was due to host the 2020 final but will now be the venue for the 2021 showpiece, with all other scheduled hosts moving back a year – meaning St Petersburg will host in 2022, Munich in 2023 and Wembley in 2024. Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistThe Biggest Cities In The World So FarBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldA Little Cafe For Animal Lovers That You Will Never Want To LeaveSuper Recognizable Outfits That Actors Wore In The Famous MoviesThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?
And on the latest edition of Sky Sports’ Revista de La Liga programme, Spanish journalist Guillem Balague claimed the Argentinian would be staying on with his current employers despite having had a “huge offer” from City. However, City sources have categorically denied to Press Association Sport that the club made a bid for Simeone’s services or that they are interested in the 44-year-old. Since Simeone took charge at Atletico in 2011, the trophies they have won include the Europa League and Primera Division, and they have also reached the Champions League final. Chilean Pellegrini guided City to the Barclays Premier League title, victory in the Capital One Cup final and the club’s first-ever participation in the Champions League knock-out rounds last season, his first term in the job. Since then they have suffered a second successive last-16 exit in the continental competition, and in the Premier League – their last hope of silverware in 2014-15 – they are currently second, six points behind Chelsea, who have a game in hand. Manchester City have denied making an offer to, or being interested in, Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone. With City looking set to go trophyless this season, there has been plenty of talk of late about the prospect of manager Manuel Pellegrini being replaced in the summer. Simeone – who Atletico on Tuesday confirmed had signed a new contract with them through to 2020 – had been among those mentioned as a potential successor. Press Association
An historic new partnership is helping drive the game of golf on the Isle of Man. The men and women’s organisations on the island have come together to form Isle of Man Golf, a united campaign to grow the sport and support the eight clubs on the island. The island is only the second region of England to merge the men and women’s organisations, following Northamptonshire, although at national level both sides of the sport are now represented by England Golf, while next year will see the R&A and the Ladies Golf Union become one body. The merger of the two organisations means just one body is now responsible for the promotion and development of golf on the island, where there are more than 2,500 active club members already. However it is hoped the new partnership will grow this figure. Melanie Jansen (pictured) has been appointed IOM golf development officer to help encourage more people to take up golf and to increase club membership. Melanie is a Chartered Accountant by profession, but holds coaching qualifications in a number of sports, and has been one of the driving forces behind the Western Swimming Pool Board over the last 14 years. Daughter Breeshey is the IOM Ladies Champion and a member of the England Regional Performance Squad, while her other children, Pheric and Dollin, are also keen golfers at the Peel Juniors Section. Melanie remarked: “We are so fortunate to have eight wonderful affiliated golf courses on the Island, each playing an important role in our community and Island life. “IOM Golf is keen to work alongside and support our clubs in their future development and success by the promotion of the sport and ensuring that golf is made more accessible to all.” She added: “The days of a golf club being able to operate successfully purely based on membership are long gone and our golf clubs need to review activities in order to survive against competition from other activities or sports.” Isle of Man Golf President Geoff Skillicorn commented: “Not only is the focus on making our better players even better through defined coaching, encouraging play in more challenging competitions, and achieving success at national and international level, but also at the start of the golfing journey in encouraging our junior golfers by working more with our schools and colleges.” Gary Jakeman is the new General Secretary. He is also the Chairman of the Island Games Association, and has recently retired from his role as ICT Manager at QEII School. The work of the development group is supported by Manx Sport & Recreation, who have identified golf as a key community sport. The organisation has revamped its website – www.isleofmangolf.im – to provide an invaluable source of information For more information contact Melanie Jansen, golf development officer for Isle of Man Golf, email: [email protected] 6 Jun 2016 New partnership drives Isle of Man golf