Check out this amazing aerial video of the pupils and staff of a Limerick primary school forming a stick man shape – doing jumping jacks and keepy uppies.The 181 boys and girls and 15 staff of Caherline National School all took part in the display. It was filmed using a drone and directed by teacher Bridget Lambert. The school made the video for Operation Transformation‘s [email protected] which aired tonight at 8.30pm on RTÉ One.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Schools all around the country are doing 10 minutes of exercise at 10am on Friday 10 February to celebrate 10 years of Operation Transformation. Schools can download an exercise video at www.rte.ie/ot or they can decide on their own creative way to get moving like Caherline NS. Limerick National School named winner in Gala Gifts for school competition Advertisement Twitter TAGSCaherline National SchoolOperation Transformation Limerick Post Show | May 15th 2020 Facebook NewsEducationCaherline kids star on Operation TransformationBy Editor – February 9, 2017 1769 Previous articleBeyond the neon runesNext articleOpinion – They just did their jobs Editor Print RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Linkedin Operation Transformation’s Dr Eddie to feature at Shannon Chamber Seminar Limerick Post Show | Operation Transformation Operation Transformation looking for five new leaders Austism Awareness Feel Good Story Caherline National School Limerick WhatsApp
At Wednesday night’s meeting, the student Senate voted against a series of recommendations by the Diversity Council that will be submitted to the offices of Student Affairs, Auxiliary Affairs, and the Provost concerning diversity. Last week, senior and chair of the Diversity Council Luis Llanos and junior and student government liaison to the Diversity Council Carolina Ramirez presented the recommendations for fostering an environment of inclusion on campus. The recommendations represented what minority students said would improve their on-campus feelings of inclusion. The final clause in the resolution, a subject of a heated debate, reads: “Resolved, that the Student Senate supports the efforts and recommendations of Diversity Council.” After the Senate discussed adjustments to the resolution, the group an amendment proposed by O’Neill Hall senator Kyle McCaffery. “Resolved, That the Student Senate supports the efforts and recommendations of Diversity Council, and that the discussion of recommendations be continued by the offices of Student Affairs, Auxiliary Services, and the Provost, so that any ambiguities in the resolution will be clarified.” This version of the Senate’s resolution was the one that was up for discussion and final vote during yesterday’s meeting. The objections about the original statement stemmed from the statement’s implication that the Senate as a whole supports the recommendations of Diversity Council. Duncan Hall senator Bob Pak said, “I don’t feel as though most students would enjoy having [a cultural enrichment requirement] stacked on – if you put students in a situation where they’re being forced to talk about openness and diversity, they’ll be less invested.” Carroll Hall senator Joe Kelly took objection to another recommendation. “I don’t support having rectors becoming more involved in Frosh-O staff selection. I would appreciate changing the language to say we ‘support the spirit’ of the recommendations.” Alumni Hall senator Juan Jose Daboub proposed the following amendment: “Resolved, That the student senate supports the efforts and recognizes the hard work of the diversity council.” Fisher Hall senator Michael Lindt said, “I feel like that wording makes it sound like we’re saying ‘good job,’ but that’s it.” Siegfried Hall senator Rohan Andresen said, “These recommendations are coming from a group within our community, and the Diversity Council has heard their complaints. I think it would be unfair to our constituents – especially the ‘silent minority’-to just push them away.” During the final discussion, Club Coordination Council [CCC] president Maggie Armstrong said, “in adding the ambiguity clause, I think we essentially negate showing our support.” When her resolution went up for final vote, it failed to pass by a margin of one vote. Senior class president Carolina Wilson, who penned the original resolution, voted against the amended version. “I felt that the word ‘ambiguities’ in the amendment of the final clause means that it would not be in full support of the recommendations that Diversity Council has put forth and I am in full support and trust in the recommendations they have come up with,” she said. The resolution and recommendations of the Diversity Council will still be submitted in the coming weeks, and, should someone propose it, a new resolution in support of Diversity Council’s recommendations could be voted upon by the Senate. Contact Margaret Hynds at [email protected]
Metro Sport ReporterMonday 22 Apr 2019 9:45 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link73Shares Advertisement Comment Jermaine Jenas felt that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer paid Everton too much respect (Getty Images)Jermaine Jenas believes that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got his tactics wrong during Manchester United’s humiliating 4-0 defeat to Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday.Goals from Richarlison, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Lucas Digne and Theo Walcott gave Everton a well-deserved victory and condemned United to a sixth defeat in their last eight games in all competitions.United’s players have come in for plenty of criticism in the aftermath of the game with Gary Neville labelling their performance as ’embarrassing’ and ‘rancid’.Jenas also questioned whether United’s players care enough in his BBC column but felt that Solskjaer was also partly at fault for the manner in which he set his side out for the game, suggesting he paid Everton too much respect.ADVERTISEMENT Advertisement Jermaine Jenas questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tactics after Man United’s humiliation against Everton Manchester United were humiliated by Everton at Goodison Park (Getty Images)‘Solskjaer has to take some of the blame for Sunday because, tactically, part of the way United played was his fault,’ Jenas said.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘They should have gone toe-to-toe with Everton from the start, like Tottenham did before Christmas when they went to Goodison Park and destroyed them 6-2.‘Spurs were in Everton’s faces and gave them no time on the ball. They played like they believed they were better than Everton, and said ‘we are going to press you and dictate the tempo of this game’.‘Instead of doing the same, and trying to impose themselves on a weaker team, United sat off Everton – which made no sense to me at all.‘I know that kind of counter-attacking football has worked for them in the past under Solskjaer, and got them results at Arsenal and Tottenham when he first took charge, but I did not really see what they were so afraid of that made them play that way against Everton.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySolskjaer cut a forlorn figure after the game and went to apologise to United’s travelling support after the final whistle. When asked whether his players care enough about playing for United, he replied: ‘I don’t know.’Before the game Jenas questioned whether United had made the right decision to appoint Solskjaer permanently, saying that it was an ’emotional’ decision.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors
Although the numbers have slowed down, state leaders say it is still very important to continue practicing social distancing whenever possible, and only leave your home for essential services and activities. On Tuesday, Palm Beach County leaders held a news conference for updates on the coronavirus. Leaders said they believe that social distancing within the community seems to be working.“In the next, maybe 30 days or so, we could actually see some hope at the end of the tunnel,” said Dr. Alina Alonso, the health director for the county. “At least a glimmer of a light, perhaps.”Alonso said the latest data shows that the number of new COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County has started to slowly come down.