QPR boss Harry Redknapp has launched an astonishing attack on exiled attacker Adel Taarabt, claiming the Moroccan is “three stone overweight” and that he “could run more” than the 25-year-old.Taarabt has proven to be a divisive figure at Loftus Road since joining from Tottenham in 2008.Instrumental in the Super Hoops’ Championship winning campaign back in 2010/11, the attack was out of his depth in the top flight the following year and last season he spent time out on loan at Fulham and AC Milan. The Morocco international was widely expected to leave London in the summer, but failed to secure a move away and Redknapp has previously told him to forget a possible transfer and concentrate on getting fit.But following the dramatic 3-2 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday, the QPR boss went one step further and publicly ridiculed the unfit attacker and his dedication to the cause.Asked about Taarabt’s lack of Premier League action this season, Redknapp told his post-match press conference: “He isn’t fit. He played in a reserve game the other day and I could run more than he did.“I can’t protect players who don’t want to run about, who can’t train or are three stone overweight, getting 70 or 80 thousand pounds a week.”QPR twice looked to have earned a share of the spoils at the death against Liverpool only for a Steven Caulker own goal to gift Brendan Rodgers’ side the three points.And Redknapp added: “I’m gutted, absolutely distraught given the way we played today. We were just naive. We got a free-kick with one minute to go and to get caught on the counter-attack at that stage of the game, you don’t do it.“You organise yourselves behind it. You don’t get done and you don’t get beat.“To show that amount of character to come back and then to get nothing from the game is heartbreaking to be honest.“We didn’t get what we deserved today. We were fantastic today, we were the better team and we outplayed Liverpool.”
0Shares0000Fighting talk: Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has urged his side to fight back in the Premier League title race with Liverpool © AFP / Glyn KIRKMANCHESTER, United Kingdom, Dec 31 – Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany admitted the Premier League champions’ pride has been wounded by a recent shock run of three defeats in four Premier League games to fall seven points behind league leaders Liverpool.But ahead of the visit of Jurgen Klopp’s men to the Etihad on Thursday, Kompany issued a rallying cry to the City squad and fans to keep fighting to become the first side in a decade to retain the Premier League. “We shouldn’t focus too much on points at the moment, we know if we can play to our potential we are a good team,” Kompany told City’s website.“Our pride has been hurt over the last few weeks but we have everything to play for and it depends on us.”City bounced back from consecutive defeats to Crystal Palace and Leicester with a 3-1 win at Southampton to move back into second above Tottenham.However, City have only won one of seven meetings with Liverpool during Pep Guardiola’s three seasons in charge.Kompany, though, called on his side to avenge a painful Champions League quarter-final exit to Liverpool last season.“It’s one of those key games you live for. Every living soul that comes into the stadium on Thursday has to be ready to fight and give it to them,” added the Belgian.“And we should be able to pull everything out of the locker for that game.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
1 Liverpool captain Henderson produced a rabona Liverpool beat Thai All Stars 4-0 in Bangkok on their pre-season tour thanks to goals from Mamadou Sakho, Lazar Markovic, Divock Origi and Adam Lallana.And it was Jordan Henderson’s pass to Lallana for the third goal that had fans talking.LIVERPOOL FANS LOVING JOAO CARLOS TEIXEIRA FOLLOWING THAI ALL STAR DISPLAYLallana’s control was also great and ensured the Reds got their tour off to the perfect start, with the club travelling to Australia next.
DONEGAL TV sleuth Ciara Doherty might have caused some offence to our northern neighbours (and to quite a few on this side of the Border) in a TV3 show last night.The 29-year-old from Letterkenny took part in an investigation into cross-Border shopping for groceries.And while the investigation found that a 300 quid shop in the North saved just four euro – good news for business and jobs here in Donegal – it was some of her descriptions which might not go down too well. Referring to her shop at Sainsburys in Newry as part of the TV3 Midweek show report, Ciara revealed: “I didn’t hear as many Irish accents as you would have done a few years ago.”One donegaldaily.com reader in Derry (originally from Buncrana) asked: “Does that mean locals north of the Border have British accents?”He added: “The whole Midweek programme portrayed the north as if it was Germany or Outer Mongolia. It really was a Dublin view and we expect more from Ciara. Last time I checked Letterkenny was still 20 minutes from Derry. And yes – 80% of people in Derry and Newry for that matter are IRISH…and guess what…they have IRISH accents too!”And another reader emailed to say: “Good news that it’s just as cheap to shop for groceries south of the Border these days. But ‘Irish accent’s…really Ciara??? You should know better.” © 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.com CIARA IN ‘IRISH ACCENT’ BOOB ON CROSS-BORDER SHOPPING STORY was last modified: December 1st, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ciara dohertycross-Border shoppingTV3 Midweek
Tags: asaph mwebazeJoel MadondoReal Star Sports Agency BUGOLOBI – Like earlier promised, Real Star Sports Agency have today 7th November awarded winners of their monthly awards.This was during a ceremony organised at Khalifa suits in Bugolobi.Kirinya JSS forward Joel Madondo was awarded as the best player for the month of October and Onduparaka FC tactician, Asaph Mwebaze being named the Coach of the month.Madondo featured in four games for Kirinya, scoring a league high four goals during October.To win the players’ MVP award, the Jinja SS graduate beat Vipers SC midfielder Moses Waiswa and Onduparaka forward Vianne Sekajugo to the honour.For Mwebaze, he beat off competition from Mike Mutebi (KCCA FC) and Vipers’ Javier Martinez.Mwebaze oversaw two victories for his Onduparaka FC side including a 3-0 victory over Kirinya JSS at the Mighty Arena.What they said:Asaph Mwebaze.“I feel elated to be the winner of this inaugural award.“I would like to thank everyone for this recognition and hope it spurs me on to work harder.“It is something new to Ugandan football and hopefully it increases the level of competition for everyone involved.Joel Madondo.“I am so happy that I habe been chosen as the best player for last month.“Honestly, it is not something i expected but am extremely proud.The other individual that was recognised is Nambi Veronica who was voted the ‘Fan of October’.Nambi is a KCCA fan who never misses any of her club’s games, drumming and singing throughout the games.The Real Star Sports Awards are awards that were set up to recognise the best sporting individuals of the month in different sporting disciplines.For last month, only football was considered but the awards are expected to spread through other sports in the near future.Comments
Chelsea have hijacked Liverpool’s attempts to sign teenage forward Daniel Carr from non-League Dulwich Hamlet, the Daily Mail say.Liverpool are reported to be keen to capture the 19-year-old but it is claimed that Chelsea have spoken directly with officials from the Ryman Division One South outfit about inviting Carr for a trial.Carr, who has previously had trials at Leeds and Charlton, has scored 23 goals in 23 games for Hamlet and can also play on the wing.Fourteen clubs – including Manchester United and Manchester City – are said to have made enquiries about him.The Daily Mirror suggest he is keen to move to Anfield. This page is regularly updated.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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
They don’t speak the same language and they don’t all live on the same continent, but all of these geocachers above have something in common: they’re all united through their love of geocaching and the community it creates. They’re all Geocachers of the Month.If you know an outstanding geocacher who should be considered fill out this webform now.Every nomination must include the following items and abide by the following guidelines:Your name, the name of your nominee, their usernameA picture of the nomineeDescription explaining why he or she deserves to be the Geocacher of the MonthWonder who else has earned the Geocacher of the Month award? Check out this video below and click CC for subtitles.[vsw id=”8cGOns2eBMQ” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]Subscribe to the Official Geocaching HQ YouTube channel for the latest tips and tricks in geocaching.Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedAnnouncing the January Geocacher of the MonthMarch 7, 2014In “Community”March Featured Geocacher of the Month Nominees – Add Your CommentsMarch 15, 2013In “Community”October Geocacher of the Month Nominees – Add Your CommentOctober 22, 2014In “Community” Click on the image to learn more about each Geocacher of the MonthNOMINATE A GEOCACHER OF THE MONTH
“The mobile app industry is growing fast, but it is still in the early stages of development, with practitioners who are not all alert to privacy implications and how to address them. To help educate the industry and promote privacy best practices, the Attorney General’s Privacy Enforcement and Protection Unit has prepared Privacy on the Go: Recommendations for the Mobile Ecosystem. The recommendations, which in many places offer greater protection than afforded by existing law, are intended to encourage app developers and other players in the mobile sphere to consider privacy at the outset of the design process.” California Attorney General Kamala Harris, writing in Privacy On The Go: Recommendations for the Mobile Ecosystem.On Thursday, California Attorney General Kamala Harris released a 22-page report on mobile privacy intended to strengthen user protection and regulation. The document specifically calls for readable privacy policies, transparency when it comes to alerting users if third party vendors collect their personal information, and an end to unnecessary data collection unless it is critical for the app to function. “We are now offering this set of privacy practice recommendations to assist app developers, and others, in considering privacy early in the development process,” Harris wrote in the report, which was completed after dialogue with mobile developers, carriers, manufacturers, advertisers and privacy experts. The report was prompted both by a recent directive from President Obama to define an online strategy to fight terrorism, and by Harris’ own interest in how mobile apps collect user data.In December 2012, Harris sued Delta Air Lines for violating California’s online privacy law and not informing people how their personal data is collected. Before that she was instrumental in getting Apple and Facebook to require that apps display privacy policies. Report CardHarris’ report recommends developers make clear to users the details of just what information they are collecting, how long they store it, and what third parties the data is shared with. It also asks ad networks to do away with tracking devices in favor of “using app-specific and/or temporary device identifiers,” and create plain-language privacy policies that spell out all of the above in layman’s terms. While having app makers follow these guidelines would clearly benefit consumers, the extra red tape probably won’t sit well with most developers.“In general that report is inline with common sense and I agree that apps should be more transparent. However, with the average price of apps being so low, developers and companies are forced to explore other monetization strategies which almost always involve selling user information to advertisers,” said Jad Meouchy, a developer and founder of Osurv, a custom mobile survey app. “While I agree with all the directives, I don’t see any way to enforce them.”Enforcement Is The IssueThat’s the key issue right now. Since Harris’ report goes above and beyond existing law, these recommendations are just that – recommendations – and are not enforceable by law. Still, they’re a step in the right direction, towards transparency and broader awareness of information. Over time, it’s likely that more states will draft their own recommendations – and even bills that could become mandates. The Future of Privacy Forum‘s director and co-chair, Jules Polonetsky, says California’s recommendations could be a guideline for app makers. “As a best practices guide, the document is very reasonable, and many app developers already comply with the key points the reports make,” he said. Polonetsky also liked the fact that the recommendations’ tone and direction mirror the President’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), which calls for a push towards improved telecommunications and information policy. “The guide also supports the direction that the NTIA multi-stakeholder process has taken and will be a useful input into the national effort to come up with an enforceable code of conduct for developers,” he said. Where These Recommendations Go, The Law Is Likely To FollowWith more than half of the U.S. accessing the Internet via mobile devices, more than a million mobile apps available and roughly 1,600 new ones added every day, it’s only a matter of time until recommendations like these become regulations. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing — especially if there is full communication between legislators, developers and consumers. “Our hope is that privacy-respectful practices such as those we are recommending here will be adopted by app developers and others, enabling consumers to make informed choices from the vast array of mobile apps while maintaining the level of privacy control they desire,” the report states. “Our recommendations, which in many places offer greater protection than afforded by existing law, are intended to encourage all players in the mobile marketplace to consider privacy implications at the outset of the design process. They are also intended to encourage the alignment of architectural and functional decisions with the widely accepted Fair Information Practice Principles.”This may very well be the year that the U.S. government steps up to the plate and hammers out laws that actually make sense for all parties concerned. Harris’ plan is a good step towards that goal.Photo courtesy of Shutterstock. What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … adam popescu Related Posts Tags:#apps#mobile#privacy#security Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces
With the US government making it tougher to get H1-B visas and green card or US citizenship, Indian techies are taking another route to enter and stay permanently in the hallowed land. EB-5 visas – issued to high net-worth individuals looking to migrate to the US – are becoming popular among Indian IT professionals looking to continue working in the US or in some cases, even begin.Read it at Zee Biz Related Items
Pakistan’s woes in limited-overs cricket continue as they further slipped to their worst-ever ranking in One day Internationals. They are now placed ninth — eqaualling their worst rank — in the list headed by Australia in ODIs.Not only that, Pakistan are also in danger of missing out on an automatic qualification for the 2019 World Cup in England if they do not return to the top-eight by the end of 2017. If they fail, the Men in Green will be forced to play the qualifying rounds, for the first time in the history of the sport, to make the cut.Pakistan’s ODI captain Azhar Ali is a worried man and is aware they have got a work cut out for them.”We are aware of the latest rankings, which are worrying. We know we have to beat top teams to rise in the rankings and we are quite determined to do that,” Ali told AFP.Inzy Boost Pakistan have a new chief selector in former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and are soon to appoint a new head coach to replace Waqar Younis. Ali hopes the 1992 World Cup champions will return to what they do best. “I think a new selection committee and a new coach will help plan things and I am optimistic that the boys will lift their performances… which we badly need,” Ali said.Tough SchedulePakistan have a hectic limited-overs schedule over the next seven to eight months, starting with a five-match series in England in August. They then face Ireland for a two-match ODI series, followed by five matches against the West Indies and six in Australia early next year. “For me, our schedule is challenging. But we know that beating England and Australia will lift our rankings.advertisement”England will be tough. We have to be at our best and the only way we can improve our rankings is to beat better and higher-ranked teams,” he said.