Embed from Getty ImagesChris Hughton has denied reports that Brighton have made a move to try to sign Moussa Dembele from Celtic.The striker has been linked with a number of clubs since joining the Glasgow side from Fulham.Speaking after his team’s 2-0 defeat at Chelsea, Seagulls boss Hughton insisted no approach had been made by his club for Dembele.“Certainly as the manager of the football club I’m sure I would know, but there certainly has not been contact between the clubs, so that’s classed as speculation,” Hughton said.“As we get to January the names are going to be thick and fast, but at the moment they are all speculation.”Hughton’s team defended resolutely at Stamford Bridge but Chelsea broke the deadlock courtesy of Alvaro Morata’s header 52 seconds into the second half.Marcos Alonso’s goal on the hour mark sealed a deserved win for the Blues.“The game went as we would have expected, with them having a lot of possession,” Hughton said.“What disappointed me most was the timing of the first goal and the fact that the second was from a set piece.” Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Demanding a probe into the mysterious death of a 16-year-old girl in April, protesters prevented Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar from entering the State Assembly on Thursday. Ruling Left members moved a censure motion in the Assembly against the stir, organised by the Trinamool Chhatra Parishad.No prior informationThe police allegedly had no prior information about the protest. They only learnt about it after activists assembled at the New Capital Complex, which houses the Secretariat, the Assembly and new Governor House. Carrying placards and seeking justice for Anwara Choudhury, the protesters shouted slogans and sat on the road as soon as the Chief Minister’s convoy appeared at the outer entrance. Stuck, the convoy turned back and Mr. Sarkar returned home.As police officers were supervising and detaining protesters, CPI(M) . chief whip Basudeb Majumder informed the House about the incident. Following this, Health Minister Badal Choudhury proposed a censure motion. The motion was adopted amid chaos, with the Trinamool Congress and CPI(M) MLAs exchanging allegations. Stating that the protest was well within the democratic rights, the Opposition condemned the government for its reluctance in carrying out a complete investigation into death of the first-year polytechnic student. The doctors had initially attributed her death to a heart attack. However, the police had later conceded that Anwara was poisoned and announced the arrest of her maternal uncle. There have been a spate of protests over the issue in the past two months by various student and social groups.
The 2015 Touch World Cup has been postponed for the rest of day two due to the weather, and the safety of the players and referees.Matches were suspended at half-time of the 4.30pm time slot.More details to follow shortly.Keep up-to-date with all of the latest news and information from the 2015 Touch World Cup: Website – www.touchworldcup.comFacebook – www.facebook.com/touchworldcupTwitter – www.twitter.com/touchworldcup15 (#TWC2015)Instagram – www.instagram.com/touchworldcup2015Keep up-to-date with all of the latest news and information from the Australian teams at the 2015 Touch World Cup:Website – www.touchfootball.com.auFacebook – www.facebook.com/touchfootballaustraliaTwitter – www.twitter.com/touchfootyaus (#TWC2015)Instagram – www.instagram.com/touchfootballaustralia Related LinksDay 2 Cancelled
West Ham midfielder Snodgrass announces international retirementby Paul Vegas10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWest Ham midfielder Robert Snodgrass has retired from international duty with Scotland.Steve Clarke’s side are not going to qualify for Euro 2020 through the conventional route, but are set to play in a Nations League semi-final play-off in March, which could have given Snodgrass the chance to create a legacy for his country.Despite that, the West Ham man has hung up his Scotland boots at the age of 32, taking to Instagram to confirm that he would be stopping at 28 caps. He said: “Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live my childhood dream.”It’s now the right time for me to step aside, though, and retire from international duty and let the boys and younger players take my place and hopefully push the squad forward.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Les Hotesses d’Hilaire walked away with two awards on the night — Francophone Recording of the Year and Group Recording of the Year. The rapper, from Enfield, N.S., produced the tune, which also samples a song from emerging Cape Breton-born, Halifax based singer-songwriter Dave Sampson. “Once again, the awards show proved to be an excellent way to kick off the ECMAs,” said Andy McLean, the group’s executive director. Advertisement SAINT JOHN, N.B. — A fun collaboration with Snoop Dogg called “No Pressure” rewarded Nova Scotia rapper Classified with the Song of the Year award Thursday night at the annual East Coast Music Awards. — By Kevin Bissett in Fredericton LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Old Man Luedecke captured Album of the Year for his Domestic Eccentric. Produced by Tim O’Brien, the album was recorded in a small cabin in the snowy Nova Scotia woods. Ever-popular Lennie Gallant was named the Fans’ Choice Entertainer of the year. Industry sessions and local performances continue though the weekend. The awards show, hosted by comedian James Mullinger, was held in Saint John, N.B. The remaining 2017 East Coast Music Awards, including the Industry Awards, will be handed out over the course of the weekend as the festival continues in Saint John. Tristan Horncastle had the Country Recording of the Year with “Turnin’ Up a Sundown.” Like a Motorcycle took home the coveted Rising Star Recording of the Year award for their hard-driving rock tune “High Hopes.” Login/Register With: Facebook The East Coast Music Association is a regional collaboration of people in the music industry to foster, develop and celebrate East Coast music and its artists. Advertisement Other winners Thursday night included War Horses for Indigenous Artist of the Year, and The Motorleague with Rock Recording of the Year for “Holding Patterns.” The show featured live performances by David Myles, Classified, Ria Mae, Tomato/Tomato, and others. Advertisement Classified also produced Ria Mae’s self-titled album, which captured the award for Solo Recording of the year. Mae’s album featuring “Clothes Off” became a smash hit on the Canadian radio charts and grabbed a Juno nomination for single of the year — a category based on sales. Twitter
Placing second at the 2012 ITA All-American Championships Sunday in Tulsa, Okla., Ohio State men’s tennis’ redshirt junior Peter Kobelt is more than pleased with his performance on the Case Tennis Center courts.“I was very happy with my performance, I beat five guys who are high on their respective team’s line-ups,” Kobelt said. “Being able to put five matches together like that and play that long in the tournament shows that I have been doing the right things over the summer training-wise and conditioning-wise. It was really nice to see.”The New Albany, Ohio, native won five matches, two of which were against top 10-ranked players. Kobelt fell in the singles finale to No. 6-seeded Alex Domijan of Virginia, 7-5, 6-1.Kobelt attributed his wins to his serving strengths and mobility.“I was serving at a very high percentage for serves and I was able to get around and hit a lot of forehands in the beginning to control the court,” Kobelt said.Coach Ty Tucker said he was impressed with Kobelt’s finish.“Obviously it was very strong, to finish No. 2 in the nation at that tournament is big,” Tucker said. “It’s the first time we have had a player finish in the individual All-American singles.”The redshirt junior also played in the doubles bracket beside senior Connor Smith, but the duo left Tulsa, Okla., without a doubles title after falling in the second round of competition.“We played OK, but we came up short, we played a tough team and it was bad weather,” Smith said. “It was only pro sets so it was tough, but we came out a bit slow.”In addition to finishing second in the nation this week, Kobelt is ranked as the No. 35 tennis player in the countrybut he said he was not sure of the ranking at first.“I had a general idea on where I would be from last season with the ongoing seniors that left,” Kobelt said. “I don’t know how comfortable I was, I had an OK season but I wasn’t too confident right from the beginning.”Tucker said Kobelt’s ranking has come as a result of the player utilizing his strengths as a player.“His biggest strengths are his serve and the fact that he is a junior now, but a redshirt junior, so it’s his fourth year and he knows what is expected of him,” Tucker said. “He knows what kind of game he has and what he needs to do.”Kobelt and the Buckeyes are scheduled to travel to East Lansing, Mich., on Oct. 18, to compete in the USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championships.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri was pleased to welcome back the club’s returning World Cup players in Tuesday’s win over LyonAfter playing out a goalless draw, Chelsea prevailed over their French opponents by winning 5-4 on penalties with new goalkeeper Rob Green saving Lyon’s fifth spot-kick to wrap up their pre-season preparations ahead of the new campaign.But it was the sight of captain Gary Cahill, N’Golo Kante, Eden Hazard and Olivier Giroud returning to action for Chelsea that pleased Sarri the most, even if it was just for a mere 25 minutes.“They arrived yesterday or the day before so it was only because I think it’s better to play 25 minutes than to have a session alone with a physical coach,” said the Italian on the club website.“They have to work, obviously. I’m very happy and at last I can work with all my players for the first time [together] tomorrow. We have only three days to prepare for the next match and it will be very important for us.“I think we have to work, but we started to work [together] two days ago. Potentially, in two or three months, we can become a very good team.”Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.Another player that was in action was Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who has previously suggested that he will consider going on loan if Sarri cannot guarantee him regular football at Stamford Bridge for the new season.“He is potentially a great player. He has to improve from the tactical point of view but that’s not a problem,” said Sarri.“He’s very young and I think he can be a very useful player for us.”Michy Batshuayi has also returned for Chelsea but was unavailable on Tuesday night.Chelsea will now travel to Huddersfield for their first game of the Premier League season on Sunday.
England defender Joe Gomez has today penned down a new long-term contract with Liverpool Football Club.Gomez, 21, committed his future to the Reds by signing a fresh deal at Melwood on Monday morning, extending his three-and-a-half-year stay with the club.The rising star originally arrived on Merseyside from Charlton Athletic in the summer of 2015 and is happy with the progress he has made.Gomez told Liverpoolfc.com: “Signing this new deal means the world to me.Top 5 Premier League players to watch for next weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Premier League’s Top 5 players to watch this weekend.After…“I’ve been at the club a few years now and have had the pleasure to play for Liverpool and experience what that means, so I am delighted to get the chance to extend my contract here.“I love the club, I love playing and learning here, and I am happy for that to continue.”Gomez is currently facing another spell on the sidelines due to a lower-leg fracture picked up against Burnley last week, though thankfully he’s set to return sooner rather than later in the New Year.
Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke has issued a warning to supporters not to boo Rangers-bound winger Jones who will stay with the club till the end of the season.Jones upset some supporters with a celebratory tweet after signing a pre-contract that will lead to a four-year deal at Ibrox in the summer.“If the fans boo Jordan then they are booing me as well, because if I select Jordan to play for Kilmarnock then they are criticising my selection,” Clarke told Dailymail.“He has trained great since he came in after the winter break, I look forward to seeing him on the pitch again. I have to pick the best team and if Jordan is part of the best team then he will play.”Jones in his response admits his tweet can’t be retrieved and says he is focused on helping the club presently.Rangers is still behind Celtic: John Hartson Manuel R. Medina – September 3, 2019 According to the former Celtic player, there’s still a massive gap between his ex-club and Rangers in the Scottish Premier League.“The tweet, looking back, I was probably a bit too over-excited, a bit of inexperience at the time but it has happened, there is nothing I can do, I can’t take it back,” he said.“It has happened and the only way I can win them back is by performance on the pitch. I have always tried to give my best for this club, I don’t think my commitment has been in question and knowing that I am leaving in the summer won’t change it.“The Rangers thing now has been out to the side until the summer. I am fully committed to Kilmarnock.“My teammates know I am committed, the gaffer knows I am committed and everyone in the club knows I am committed so it’s my turn to prove to the fans, as I have over two and half years, that I am committed.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, July 4th 2017 – Providenciales – Another fire broke out at Providenciales’ Dump site earlier today. At this time, lots of smoke can still be seen from a distance, though the fire seems to be controlled. There have also been no reported causalities. Magnetic Media will keep you informed as information continue to come in.Story By: Kay-Marie Fletcher#MagneticMediaNews Infrequency of Fires means no demand for fire departments Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Long Island fire extinguished Related Items:#magneticmedianews, Fire FIRE AGAIN in Grand Turk; underscores urgency for Fire Dept